Old 01-26-21, 08:32 AM
Tundra_Man 
The Fat Guy In The Back

Bikes: '81 Panasonic Sport, '02 Giant Boulder SE, '08 Felt S32, '10 Diamondback Insight RS, '10 Windsor Clockwork, '15 Kestrel Evoke 3.0, '19 Salsa Mukluk

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 320 Post(s)
Liked 177 Times in 115 Posts
Consecutive bicycle work commute number 1120:

Temp was 13°F this morning, with about a 10 mph wind. It was blowing at my back on the way to the office, which means I'll have to fight it as I ride 8 miles across town at lunch time when I go to a client location for the afternoon.

Rode the fat bike as there's still plenty of snow on the pavement from the 2" we got on Saturday. The city decided it wasn't worth plowing so the cars have packed it down pretty good in places. They did plow the MUP though, and the riding surface there is in a lot better shape than the roads.

Been fighting a sore hamstring the last few weeks. On my ride home last night I noticed that my leg was still pretty bent at the bottom of the pedal stroke. I don't know if my seat post has slowly lowered itself, or if I just never had it set right from the get-go. In any event, before I left this morning I raised my seat about 1/4" and it allowed me to apply noticeably more power to the pedals. I think I could still raise it up another 1/8", but it's definitely an improvement. I doubt that the low seat is causing my hamstring issues, but it sure wasn't helping any.

Was the first in line at one intersection that I know from experience won't trigger for a bicycle. I sat through two light cycles hoping the car behind me had crept up close enough to get on the sensor. I finally just ran the red, which always makes me feel like a jerk, but I would have held us hostage all day had I not.