Thread: Cino MMXXI
View Single Post
Old 06-28-21, 10:09 AM
squirtdad

Bikes: Kirk Custom JK Special, '84 Team Miyata,(dura ace old school) 80?? SR Semi-Pro 600 Arabesque

Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2338 Post(s)
Liked 2,827 Times in 1,543 Posts
Originally Posted by jamesdak
Well....dang.....

I just realized I actually already have leave off work for this timeperiod with no set plans. Then I realized with the massive sell off recently of so many bikes I may not have anything to ride. The Opus III is probably my only real option but I'd need to get some much larger and tougher tubulars on it or at least switch back to the clinchers it used to have and see if I could at least fit 700 x 28 tires on it. Have to check the rules I guess but I imagine I'll also need to put the original pedals and clips back on it. I have climbed an 8 mile C2 route with this despite just a 42T small ring. Wasn't fun but not really that hard.

Hmmmm.....wonder if the Guv'nor would meet the rules. S/A 3 speed and certainly in the spirit I would think. Wonder if the knees would make it though, LOL!

Hmmmm, am I hard enough to get this beast up the climbs????

I need to think about this. Sure would be fun but I'm not sure if I have the bike for it anymore.
jamesdak option for bigger tubies would be the Vittoria Corsa Control in 30mm I can fit them on my 85 team miyata. they measure true to size and are supposed to be the replacement for the pave

Last edited by squirtdad; 06-28-21 at 02:13 PM.