Old 04-10-17, 06:51 AM
late

Mentioned: 116 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10358 Post(s)
Liked 536 Times in 417 Posts
My 2 cents...

Wait.

This summer the new AMD cards come out, and I like them a little better than Nvidia cards.

In computers under a grand, you're looking for a deal that's still going to be reliable for you. Which is where I think you ought to be, in the 800-1K area.

I would suspect the Ryzen cpus will be cheaper by summer. At that point, they might make sense in a budget build.

I have played Skyrim a lot. In fact, you can find a couple threads I started about it in the archives. One of the things you should know is that Skyrim is flexible. The base game is not hard to run for all but the cheapest computers now. But very few run the base game. Most upgraded to the new version. And you can add on to that in a variety of ways. I have programs that show the arrows you've shot, and improve the graphics in a variety of ways.
That would be tough for a budget computer.

Which brings me to my point. The reason I upped your budget was to get you into the 1060 level of performance. That's a great card for a 1920x1080 monitor.

But I'd still wait and see how things look in a couple months when the new AMD cards come out.

The Tech Report System Guide: March 2017 edition - The Tech Report - Page 1

Last edited by late; 04-10-17 at 07:14 AM.