revchuck 
OMC

Bikes: Specialized Allez Sprint, Look 585, Specialized Allez Comp Race

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 449 Post(s)
Liked 29 Times in 17 Posts
Originally Posted by revchuck View Post
34 minute recovery run this afternoon. Legs felt like wood at the start and heart was higher than normal.

I have four 200 TSS rides and another at 100 TSS this week, with another recovery run on the off day. Gonna be awful close to 1000 TSS for the week.
I need to stop doing drive-bys and post more often again.

I didn't make it to 1000 TSS that week. The goal was 890; I cut back Sunday's ride by an hour and ended up at 907. Still a pretty big week.

This week was "Whose legs are these?" week. I hit the highest watts for this year from 1-90 minutes and last week hit the highest for three hours. And I ain't done yet. Tuesday was a huge surprise - it was supposed to be 3x20' sweet spot. I decided to try them using last year's FTP instead of the current one, which is 19 watts lower. The first one was no problem. I felt good enough at the end of the second one that I skipped the RBI and did a 40' interval with the last 20' almost at last year's FTP. I spoke with my coach the next day and she allowed that maybe we should bump up my ranges a bit. The following day was a long, windy ride that ended up being 4:21 in the new zone 3 range. Of course, the next day was a recovery run and my legs felt like corroded lead pipes. Today was my first group ride in a while and it went well too. Tomorrow I hit the hills for ~3500 ft of climbing.

I've got one more week of build and then it's taper time for the Tour of Georgia Gran Fondo on the 28th.

Demain, on roule!