View Single Post
Old 11-18-22, 05:36 PM
VintageSteelEU

Bikes: Motobecane C41, Matsu$hita Nashonaru

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 215 Post(s)
Liked 439 Times in 255 Posts
The frame was a garden find in a place I lived in a couple of years ago. Originally it had Ofmega crankset and Ofmega decals on the fork. A bit rusty, but I restored it and rode it for a while before the BB failed and I upgraded to Motobecane Grand Sprint. Recently I decided to rebuild it as a city commuting bike, with a flat handlebar and 2x7 Shimano drivetrain. Mostly because I had a lot of spare parts and nothing to do with them. I got the Tektro R559 brakes for it finally this week and rode it the first time today. Waaay too comfy for me. Not that it's a bad thing, but despite having only 700x25c tyres, it seems impervious to pot holes and just glides. "Rides like a sofa" was my first impression. Not in a bad way, not sluggish, on the contrary, very responsive and shting is very smooth. Just way too comfy, way too relaxed for me.
The rear derailleur is Tiagra 4400 managed by Alvio 7 speed rapid fire shifter. front one is Huret Eco managed by Shimano Tourney friction thumb shifter, Tektro R559 brakes with Kool Stop pads and Shimano Sora brake levers. Crankset is Shimano 1056. So it's a bit of a Frankenbike, really, but not too bad at all. In hindsight, I should have probably gone for 1x drvetrain.
Today my friend's bike got damaged (probably parked into, or a failed attempt at theft got the frame bent), so I gave this one away.

Likes For VintageSteelEU: