View Single Post
Old 07-01-22, 11:12 AM
Eric F 
Habitual User

Bikes: 2023 Niner RLT 9 RDO, 2018 Trek Procaliber 9.9 RSL, 2018 Storck Fascenario.3 Platinum, 2003 Time VX Special Pro, 2001 Colnago VIP, 1999 Trek 9900 singlespeed, 1977 Nishiki ONP

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4944 Post(s)
Liked 8,084 Times in 3,825 Posts
Originally Posted by big john
This will be our 6th Fourth of July at this house. In the past there have been fireworks for weeks before and after the holiday. An absurd amount of fireworks. This year has been mostly quiet. A few loud explosions, sure, but the nightly house rattling, car alarm triggering barrage has been absent. My neighbor mentioned this lack of "world war three" as he put it and the only thing we could think of is it must be money. People are not buying the rockets or not driving to wherever they have to go to get them.

For years the city has had a hot line and supposedly enforcement but it never mattered.

I suppose it's possible they are hoarding their munitions for a hellish weekend ahead. We shall see.
Similar in my 'hood.

Enforcement of illegal fireworks activity is pretty ineffective. By the time cops show up in response to a report, people are long gone.