Old 02-19-22, 03:42 AM
Racing Dan

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1335 Post(s)
Liked 318 Times in 216 Posts
Originally Posted by zen_
The HY/RD's are super simple to setup and maintain, and they work almost as well as fully hydraulic brakes with compressionless housing and cables in good order. The only problem with them really is that if you ride a ton of miles and / or frequently in poor weather, the cost of replacing good quality housing more frequently negates the cost savings compared to full hydraulic. They will, however, still be much easier to setup and adjust for people that are only familiar with cable brakes.

Ahh, not really. Hydros are not that hard to install. For me the hardest part was routing the hoses through the frame and fork, same has new cables, and squashing one olive. Other than than that my first ever hydro install was event free. I did take longer than usual, but thats to be expected when its all new and foreign. I do recommend getting (or makeing) a bleed kit, a hose cutter and barb tool (you can use a sharp knife, a small hammer and patience), some extra fluid and a few extra olives and barbs. Then watch a bunch of YT videos to prepare.

After the initial install Id argue maintenance is much less than what I had before with the mech TRPs.
Likes For Racing Dan: