Old 05-15-20, 12:12 PM
billytwosheds 

Bikes: Peugeot, Legnano, Fuji, Zunow, De Rosa, Miyata, Bianchi, Pinarello, Specialized, Bridgestone, Cinelli, Merckx

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 430 Post(s)
Liked 476 Times in 219 Posts
Originally Posted by Mushrooom
How can I make sure that my frame wasn't involved in a crash? I'd like to learn some more on that. The paint is all original and practically as new. The original levers were scratched, but that's about everything I saw. Original wheels (Shimano 600) were also true, round and in pristine condition.
The construction of Vitus frames like yours means the obvious crinkles that we can see in a steel frame might not show here, if indeed it suffered a front end collision.

Your frame was also anodized IIRC so paint wouldn't chip (since there is no paint as we usually think of it). I too have been surprised by the resilience of a front wheel when the frame or fork takes the brunt of the impact. I suppose the top tube joining area (apologies for poor terminology) could be the primary area that was affected.

I'd look closely where the tubes, including the fork tubes, are joined together. Maybe others will chime in, or it may be worth a post in the main C&V section to see what folx think.
Likes For billytwosheds: