View Single Post
Old 08-19-21, 06:24 PM
Attilio

Bikes: Salsa!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked 63 Times in 39 Posts
For biking on a bike path an ebike isn't that useful although if you're so new and out of shape to it better you get the start that way. More cyclists = better for everyone. But life throws you curveballs. I met more than a few people in the European mountains who were riding ebikes or self converted ebikes that told me as they were getting older they suffered health problems, heart problems, joint problems or just ageing issues and still wanted to get out. I also met people where one partner or spouse, usually but not always the wife, didn't train as much. Like I said on bike path or low key bike rides its not a big deal. If you're in the mountains or hills or on some pretty tough trails someone who is well trained can sure do it but you need a LOT of time to train that much to get yourself up to that level. So if you're that busy that you just can't train enough to see the most beautiful places which are usually far, inaccessible and up steep slopes that require huge training, but still want to do a long ride *OR* your significant other, wife, partner, whatever is in that same boat and you want to share the joy with them the ebike is a wonderful solution. Truly wonderful. I would *NEVER* consider one in my current state but as we know life can change but am glad my wife uses one. IF something bad happens to my health as well I am relieved to know that this option exists.
Likes For Attilio: