Old 08-12-22, 01:57 AM
jgwilliams

Bikes: Dolan Tuono 105 Di2, custom built 653 and 531 bikes with frames by Barry Witcomb, Sonder Dial XT mountain bike and a Brompton folding bike.

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 298 Post(s)
Liked 141 Times in 100 Posts
Originally Posted by njkayaker
You confirm that it's working by picking the bike up and spinning the wheel and seeing the speed displayed.
No, in this case it seems you can't. The unit is still sending cadence data and the diagnostics confirm that it's picking up the wheel magnet pulses, so clearly there's a failure of communication between the two.

There are many of these sensors out there. If was something to do with the Garmin software generally, it seems likely that lots of people would have the issue.

Since it appears they don't, one could conclude there's something wrong with your particular unit.
If it were just one unit, or even one GPS unit, I might agree. To have the same problem with two GSC-10's and a Topeak on two different Garmin units makes it look like something else is involved.

You could try leaving the battery out for a while and reinserting it. and seeing if that changes anything,
Yes, I generally get it going again.I was hoping someone here might have some insight. On the GSC-10 it was merely a bit awkward to get the battery out in situ. With the Topeak unit you have to remove it from the bike - although it's otherwise a much neater unit.