Old 08-12-22, 05:04 AM
jgwilliams

Bikes: Dolan Tuono 105 Di2, custom built 653 and 531 bikes with frames by Barry Witcomb, Sonder Dial XT mountain bike and a Brompton folding bike.

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 298 Post(s)
Liked 141 Times in 100 Posts
Originally Posted by njkayaker
Err. It’s a bit hard to follow what you did. You probably shouldn’t regret to the sensors as “units”.

Yes, it’s odd that you have the same problem with two Garmin sensors.

The GSC-10s don’t use BT (so, changing that wouldn’t be expected to change anything).
Sorry. It's a bit hard to explain and I never was very good at narrative - that's why I don't have a customer facing job.

No, GSC-10 doesn't have BT, but the Topeak Duoband does. I haven't been out since switching it to BT but the initial setup seemed to go OK.

Originally Posted by Chuck M
When is the last time you changed the battery in the sensor? You may have enough battery that the sensor sees the magnet, but not enough to transmit to the Garmin.
If that's the case then how come the Garmin always continues to pick up the cadence. I did change the battery recently, after the first time I had trouble with the Topeak unit. The two GSC-10s are in a drawer somewhere; I'd sort of assumed they were broken but I'm beginning to think now that perhaps they aren't.