extecher

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by tomato coupe
Old High-End Tech Versus Newer Low-End Tech

Why not newer high-end tech?
Because I'm a teacher with 2 kids under 2. The wife already grumbles that this cycling thing is too expensive.

But also I'm curious about the general progression of bike tech since it's pretty new to me. In terms of, say drones (Something I'm more knowledgeable about), depending on the part it's best to purchase brand new because stuff gets obsolete quickly (Flight controllers and the FPV systems all moving digital) while you can get away with not upgrading things because the old stuff is just as good (I'll be controversial and say motors and frames for FPV drones are mature compared to other components). For bikes, some components are probably similar. I'm just wondering which ones they are.

Originally Posted by cyclezen
your question seems to focus mainly on Drivetrain? not wheels? or other components?
I was focusing on those because a lot of times if you're trawling through used ads you get the size and sometimes the groupset and frame material, so those are the things I'm most familiar with. Feel free to discuss any other part because I don't know much about them either.
Likes For extecher: