View Single Post
Old 07-07-21, 12:45 PM
GhostRider62

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2333 Post(s)
Liked 2,097 Times in 1,314 Posts
Originally Posted by clasher
I used the dropbag service from Baxter's and it was handy but two drop-bag for Baxter's made it more complicated. One of my bags was lost, dunno if I left it out at the last stop or they lost it but kind of sucks but it was my smaller bag so just a full kit but no jackets or anything. I also had an airbnb in Loudéac so I had a shower and quality sleep on the in and out. I also left my rain gear in the dropbag but it would have been nice in 2019 in the cold fog. Next time I won't bother with the dropbag but would still try and get a room. Might be fun to ride it supported by camper van.
In 2015 I briefly rode with a club from Hamburg. Their support teams had a couple small motorhomes. Everything was laid out for the riders at the control, chairs with water, food, night kit, etc. Very professional. They all had beautiful club jerseys. The boss had a massive gold rope necklace around his neck that must have weighed a kilo and seeing that thing swing side to side on climbs was a sight. But, having support would be a nice way to ride it. I have been trying to figure how old I have to be to justify to myself bringing a support crew. Tons of riders have support especially the 80H riders.