Thread: Pub 51
View Single Post
Old 03-06-13, 06:40 PM
GeorgeBMac

Bikes: 2012 Trek DS 8.5 all weather hybrid, 2008 LeMond Poprad cyclocross, 1992 Cannondale R500 roadbike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Siu Blue Wind
But he threads that were complained about had NO cycling content!

The members "insulted" in that thread were not insulted enough to complain.

Dang. We're darned if we do, darned if we don't. What would you do in our situation when there are so many complaints? We are trying to please the majority. Either way we are the bad guys. We don't like to stir up negative feelings or throw a spoke in the wheels but seriously, we are up in arms here. That is why I asked if a whole new FORUM not related to Bike Forums should be started. I got no answers!! Help us out here.
From my perspective, it seemed like a vocal few were being the squeaky wheel that was getting all the grease...

But, from what you just said, it is not just a few complaining. Or, actually you said: "so many complaints"...

We have no way of knowing whether the complainers make up 10% of the forum or a majority. Only you can know that. (But hopefully you are going by the number of complainers rather than complaints -- as you know, complaining is what we do best!)....

But, regardless, only you know the answer to that. Personally I think it is a mistake to cut back on the number and types of threads. But, you have the information so, speaking for myself, do whatever it is that you think will make it a better forum.