View Single Post
Old 12-02-15, 08:58 AM
tetonrider

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 693 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Racer Ex
I hope the Cat 1 surcharge blows up in USAC's face with a raft of downgrades. There very little benefit beyond being able to jump into a couple races a year in having that "1", and bragging rights. I'll save that $20, thanks.

If I thought that $20 would do anything to clean up the sport I'd be OK with it. But it's shoveling a lot of money out with no accountability to at best catch a few stupid people while even a half a brain let's you proclaim your cleanliness in the extremely unlikely event you get tested. If the testers even show up, which they didn't at several events where promoters paid the fees.

And the guy who oversaw a boatload of dopers is still collecting a USAC paycheck. So bite me USAC.

Ba ba ba bite me.

Emailed the new guy in charge who has "personally responded to every email". Except mine...

Ba ba ba bite me.

And we're going to send more money to the Local Associations. Without any plan where that money will go. To places where a lot of it has already disappeared off the books with no repercussions.

BA

BA

BA

Bite.

Me.
i was serious on the downgrades. Recommended it to a guy last week and said if he feels strongly he should include the lack of accountability/belief in the doping system as the reason.

Perhaps lots outs will feel as he does.

No no matter what my individual opinion is, people seem to feel amateur doping is a/the big issue. Perception of doping with nothing being done does crate a barrier to entry. If they are going to bother to collect the money, I hope it goes somewhere and is effective (I'd gladly pay more for effective controls, tbh), but the truth is that simply the perception of caring about it MAY help participation.

I I did the math and the new fees are roughly 38k from cat 1s and 35 or 40k from 2s and 3s. The reader can decide whether or not they believe an effective program can be run off of 70k.