Old 12-15-20, 12:31 PM
RefRick

Bikes: Trek Domane 4, Cannondale H400, Velo Orange Pass Hunter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Pop N Wood
Have you considered a 2x front crank? Sounds like it would be a better fit for your type of riding.
I have a road bike setup with a 2x10 in addition to this gravel bike. This bike came about because I started building up old frames last year. In the process of scouring Craigslist for parts for a different build, I came across a never assembled Velo Orange Pass Hunter frame and forks for $25. Guy's was selling his friend's bike collection after he passed away suddenly. I was finally able to get to it thanks to the pandemic. I am extremely happy with how it came out, just ironing out a few little details like this to make it just right. This gearing is not the biggest deal, I am happy with the 1x setup but wanted to get the opinion of some more experienced bike people. I travel the northeast a good amount and this bike fills the gap nicely in the areas where I wouldn't be able to get out on the road bike. It's equal parts learning experience and problem solving. I really love the spectrum of responses ranging from is it worth it at all to converting to the SRAM 10-42. Here's a picture from right after I finished.

Likes For RefRick: