View Single Post
Old 04-19-21, 04:59 PM
79pmooney

Bikes: (2) ti TiCycles, 2007 w/ triple and 2011 fixed, 1979 Peter Mooney, ~1983 Trek 420 now fixed and ~1973 Raleigh Carlton Competition gravel grinder

Mentioned: 129 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4806 Post(s)
Liked 3,932 Times in 2,557 Posts
I try to wear helmets with very good protection to do the rather pedestrian job of minimizing concussions in minor crashes; crashes that would do no damage to most people's brains. I've had my biggie. I've had a number of concussions since. Many would say I should stop riding.

Riding is a core part of my spiritual journey and has been along time. I do not have a family to support. Being spiritually connected helps me stay a more useful citizen of this planet. So I'll keep riding. (The comments I get when I am in doctor's offices and they measure BP and pulse are fun too! Colonoscopy last week. I was asked is I was on BP medication because it was so low!) I've always been a little clumsy. The odds are good I'll crash again though I am trying to be more careful to minimize adding more insult to old injuries.

So I want a helmet that does absolutely the best for small crashes like wet leave slides with my helmet hitting and sliding over the pavement. 6-7 years ago that was MIPS. I got the first MIPS helmet that fit in a bright color that was in a store to be tried on. POC Trabec. Also highest quality, best fitting and best made helmet I've ever purchased (or been given in my high school sports days). It's time to start looking again. Perhaps I will return to a road helmet. But gotta admit that Trabec has been very comfortable so I may not.
Likes For 79pmooney: