View Single Post
Old 08-07-22, 05:57 PM
rumrunn6

Bikes: Bottecchia Sprint, GT Timberline 29r, Marin Muirwoods 29er, Trek FX Alpha 7.0

Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5224 Post(s)
Liked 3,581 Times in 2,342 Posts
Originally Posted by ThisJustIn
Hi,I would eventually like to purchase a helmet mounted camera, such as a GoPro or something of the sort, to capture my rides and make a compilation out of them. I don't want to spend more than $500 on the setup but I would also like to produce some good quality videos. Is there anything you guys would suggest that fits my budget? Also, I would like it to pick up audio. And it also doesn't have to be brand new.
been very happy w/ a refurb'd GoPro8 off Amazon. mounting anything, anywhere, is a task. I'm all set but my mount is custom so I can't recommend it for others. but I like it mounted to the front of my helmet. when it's dark I mount a light on top of the helmet & they don't interfere w/ ea. other. I tried camera on top but there were conflicts w/ the light on the front being visible in the frame. very good audio capture, right out of the box. very good image stabilization. so good, in fact, one can also mount it on the bars for a different effect & still have a stable image that doesn't throw the viewer into convulsions ... hehe. I like switching back & forth during rides. but my fav. is on the front of the helmet. I bought a black helmet so the cam would blend in better & look less dorky from a distance or while passing ppl

at nite, no one can see the robot head. the weight is distributed pretty well

like I wrote, it's a custom mount, so, not good for everyone. now, I actually slide the bracket all the way up, into the zip ties. when traveling, it's easy to slide out & then, upon arrival, slide it back in

on the bars you get more ground effect audio, on the helmet there's less clatter

Last edited by rumrunn6; 08-08-22 at 05:27 PM.
Likes For rumrunn6: