View Single Post
Old 09-11-22, 04:51 PM
alcjphil

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1815 Post(s)
Liked 1,693 Times in 974 Posts
Originally Posted by Trakhak
The people who post regularly in the Classic and Vintage subforum often congratulate each other on how friendly and welcoming they are to newcomers (explicitly in comparison to this subforum), but they can turn nasty in a second if a newcomer doesn't pay proper obeisance to their cherished beliefs regarding, e.g., steel (and titanium), etc.
The references in Classic and Vintage to the Road subforum as "Here Be Dragons" territory seemed odd to me---I hadn't seen anything especially combative here in a very long time---until the pile-on in this thread started up. Regardless of whatever it is that you, for reasons unclear to me, see as provocation worthy of retaliation, you should be ashamed of yourselves.
Oh, please. The OP in this thread has been combative in this thread and previous ones. Of course there have been combative replies in this thread because it started out as a combative thread. The nastiness started out at the very start of the thread with the OP stating that they would NEVER use the stated type of bike technology again. Pretty much a controversial position to take. Their flame suit is on. This was expected and the OP asked for this
Likes For alcjphil: