Armyguy1914

Bikes: Trek Dual Sport 3, Trek Emonda 5 Full carbon road bike,

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Good morning Nice bike

Originally Posted by jlaw
I wouldn't worry too much about which components you are getting. The bikes in your price range will have solid, reliable components. I doubt that most people could tell the difference between Tiagra and Ultegra.

The Gaint bikes you show are nice bikes, but one thing comes to mind - what is the largest tire size that will fit? These days many riders want to expand their riding choices beyond smooth pavement (to dirt/gravel roads) without being limited by the technology on their bike. This is mostly about tire size and handling (geometry). A good all-around tire size is 38mm (min.). And, a full-on race geometry may be more unstable on loose surfaces than the geometry of an 'all road' bike.

My suggestion is that you look around at all the possibilities and test ride a bunch of different styles of bikes. Your budget allows for a very nice bike, just make sure you are getting the one that will work for you today and into the future.

Here's a favorite 'road plus' bike of mine:

Surly Midnight Special

Good morning hows it going? Well So far I do have my Hybrid bike that i ride a little off road and gravel. This will be my road bike. just for the road. soon i will add a mountain bike to. So far I like the 105 R7000 from the reviews. New Tiagra 4700 has been impoved also.