Old 05-14-19, 08:26 AM
MinnMan

Bikes: 2022 Salsa Beargrease Carbon Deore 11, 2020 Salsa Warbird GRX 600, 2020 Canyon Ultimate CF SLX disc 9.0 Di2, 2020 Catrike Eola, 2016 Masi cxgr, 2011, Felt F3 Ltd, 2010 Trek 2.1, 2009 KHS Flite 220

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4394 Post(s)
Liked 3,018 Times in 1,867 Posts
Originally Posted by Armyguy1914
between more upright road bikes and ones with low front-ends, shorter wheelbases, and more aerodynamic shapes that might sacrifice.
Well The two bikes that I posted so those are more of upright road bikes? Should be alot quicker being full carbon. I ride a Hybrid Trek Dual Sport 3 mostly on the greenways here which consists of Dirt, payment and gravel so my DS 3 has no problem. Well what position is the bikes I posted? I want to clock more speed and distance. I also want ride in groups and being able to keep up.
There's a famous saying - it's not about the bike. If you aspire to be fast and to have endurance, it's 90% about your training and 10% about the bike. You still seem hung up on groupsets - they don't make you faster. Also, full carbon won't make you faster. The lighter weight is nothing compared to whether or not you have a few extra pounds of girth or even whether or not you have full or empty water bottles.

You do seem to be getting the idea that fit and geometry are important. focus on that, buy a bike, and then put in the miles. Many miles. Nothing else will make you fast.