Old 12-02-21, 02:42 PM
Kabuki12

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 878 Post(s)
Liked 2,296 Times in 1,283 Posts
Originally Posted by noglider
I'm not sure why, but the bike lust has nearly drained out of me. I don't spend much time wishing for bikes or planning to buy or build. Being on a tighter than usual budget is a factor, but I don't think it's everything. Maybe I have more than all I need, and that's enough. The stuff I'd like to have but am fine without is the new stuff, like the new gravel bikes. A titanium gravel bike would be amazing. I just saw a great one for sale in my size, but I'm not buying that this year. In the meantime, I made an old Raleigh Super Course into a gravel bike, and I enjoy it a lot, on both roads and trails.

I think I'd like an e-bike for running errands over big hills. But that's a very low priority.

I'd like my spouse to buy herself an e-bike so she can keep up with me or, more importantly, so she can go more miles in a single ride. She didn't care for the idea when I raised it but has now ridden the e-bikes that Citi Bike has. She really likes them, and they're not even comfortable. Imagine what she would do if the bike fit her well.
I hear ya! I bought my wife a Townie Go with a Bosch mid drive system last year and she LOVES it! She has some health issues that keep her from riding but the Townie is upright and very comfy for her . It has an internal Shimano hub that can be shifted even when stopped ( she has a bad habit of not down shifting before stopping) . On the hills she slays me and on the flats she is on my tail at 17+mph. I used to have to stop every few miles for her to catch up but not any more . She can do a few 15 milers without running out of juice . She is usually just in Eco mode and then when we hit a hill she bumps it up and leaves me!! It was expensive but worth every penny, we have been together 50 years and ALWAYS shared our love of cycling and now she can join me occasionally.

Last edited by Kabuki12; 12-02-21 at 02:51 PM.