Old 02-08-22, 08:02 PM
biketobefree

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Need to rebuild bike for long distance/climbing

Hello! I am new here.

I have a 58cm titanium seven bike that I need to rebuild. Currently, it has di2 6070 10-speed shifting but the system has failed and it's basically done for according to all the bike shops I've brought it to.

I want to rebuild it and I know it's an unpopular opinion but I want to go back to mechanical. I didn't pay for this system, got the bike used on craiglist so can't really afford di2. I'll be taking it to a shop but but because parts are difficult to find I need to buy them myself.

Anywho, thinking of replacing all my parts with R8000 11-speed Ultegra groupset from eurobikeparts? Any thoughts or recommendations? Anything I might be missing? I am open to sram but don't know much.

Things I'm trying to figure out as a newbie:
- The right crankset size, I'm 6ft, inseam 83.82cm, 180lbs female. One method says I should get 172, the other 170. Leaning towards 170 34/50 because I have trouble uphill.
- The right Cassette 11/32 with GS cage. I have trouble uphill. I do it right now with 10/28 but it's tough.
- Unsure on the right front derailleur
- Rear derailleur I'm pretty sure I'll get the one compatible with 11/32

Any help is very much appreciated!

I'm a casual endurance cyclist who is training for AIDS/Lifecycle and got into cycling to commute. Used to be a collegiate athlete. I do roughly 100-150 miles a week right now.
Likes For biketobefree: