Old 05-18-22, 06:50 AM
djb

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2739 Post(s)
Liked 972 Times in 795 Posts
Originally Posted by axolotl
By far, the tastiest pasties I ever had were in Hidalgo state in Mexico. Miners from Cornwall came to Hidalgo in the 19th century. There are lots of pasty shops in Hidalgo state. (It's spelled "paste" in Mexico but the word is pronounced with 2 syllables in Spanish.) Lots of fillings are available, mostly with spicy Mexican fillings---much tastier than a pasty I tried in the UP or those I tried in England. My friend & I ate lots of them while in Pachuca & Real del Monte, and they were all delicious.

https://theculturetrip.com/north-ame...british-pasty/
Interesting, once again we've had very similar experiences. I spent a few days in Pachuca, neat city to visit and yummy pastys indeed.
Did you happen to stumble upon the photography museum there? Excellent place, and I was really impressed by the guide who was taking a group of school kids through it--both for her great explanation of the film photography process, as well as showing them photos on the wall and getting them to think of how a great photo transmits feelings and experiences to us (these were 10, 12 year olds)
Fond memories of the place.
Cheers
Are you still doing what you wrote me of a few years back, I am.
(Apologies for not responding btw)

Last edited by djb; 05-18-22 at 06:57 AM.