Old 06-23-22, 10:26 PM
linberl

Bikes: Trident Spike 2 recumbent trike w/ e-assist

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1321 Post(s)
Liked 374 Times in 288 Posts
It depends on what your DF setup is or was. I see a LOT of folks now with much more upright riding setups, and these are folks who also are more interested in comfort and views, especially touring. Roadies with their hunched over position aren't really out to enjoy the view, lol, they're looking for speed. To me, as a newbie recumbent trike rider, the most unexpected thing that I appreciate so very much is that I always have a seat wherever I go!!! Nothing beats biking to the ocean on a hot day and pulling out a book and reading while enjoying the coolness and the view......without having to dismount, lock up my bike, and find somewhere to sit. Or biking to the food trucks or a pop up and not having to eat standing up because the few tables are all full! Granted this doesn't apply to 2 wheel bents, but for me it is an unexpected and delightful surprise. My previous 2 wheelers had very relaxed positions so I had nice views and no pains (thanks to a pro setup, which my trike definitely didn't require) but if I went somewhere and wanted to sit I had to deal with finding a safe space to lock up and then find seating. With my trike, it's built in, lol. Oh, and I love not having to put a foot down when stopping, I admit I am definitely more considerate of pedestrians on pathways as a result. But that's just my experience.....
Likes For linberl: