Old 07-21-22, 10:57 PM
PDKL45

Bikes: Merida Speeder

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 233 Post(s)
Liked 165 Times in 115 Posts
Originally Posted by big john
Maybe I haven't been paying attention, but what's with this type of thread?
I'm assuming it's posted by an algorithm, rather than an actual human. For what reason I don't really know, if it's not trying to leave spam links. The original text is here: News - Bicycle maintenance and repair – chain brush (bicycle-tools.com)

It's one of those bare bones websites run by companies that usually sell on Aliexpress/eBay and is probably translated from Chinese. Chains don't get "stained" in the traditional sense, nor are they usually "tangled" if they're connected as a single piece and in place within the drivetrain.

Maybe it's posted by a human working in a second or third language? Who--or what--ever posted it did actually trim the language down a little from the original, in that they left out some of the wackier translated text which is on the verge of being acceptable grammatically and logically, but just doesn't get over the line:

"At present, there are more and more people riding bicycles. Every time they see a rider passing by, they always feel a sense of joy. Cycling can add fun to busy urban life. It can not only exercise, recuperate body and mind, but also Get to know more riders while riding, and bring the happiness of cycling to our life. However, many riders do not have much knowledge of bicycle maintenance, and sometimes it is even a thorny issue."

God knows, but whatever it is, it seems tamer than the insane Korean spambot that used to terrorize the MTBR forums.

Last edited by PDKL45; 07-21-22 at 11:00 PM.
Likes For PDKL45: