View Single Post
Old 07-05-15, 04:47 PM
molten

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by John E
For the first three years of our marriage we lived car-free in west Los Angeles, in a little apartment a mile and a half south of the UCLA campus. We bicycled, walked, or rode transit everywhere, other than occasionally using my grandfather's car. (Our apartment was conveniently located halfway between my maternal grandparents' house and campus.)

We bought our first car, a year-old 1976 Pinto Squire ("woody" vinyl decal) station wagon, when we bought our first house. The house, a formerly beautiful Spanish style duplex from the late 1920s, was a real dump of a fixer-upper, so we needed some way to transport drywall, lumber, and other building materials. After I suffered a concussion and fractured collarbone later that year, courtesy of a left-crossing motorist, my wife gradually lost her taste for cycling in traffic, so I can relate to those who responded "only on trails." I am sure she worries about me when I am out on the road.
I was searching the thread, hoping to find of 1 to match what be said in the 1st paragraph. Sadly, all that ended as time went on.
You may be such the taste as one of the flower fields, if you understand me.
Even more --- as in the being in the SD area.
Who in the bike-forum is of existence with a spouse ---- as the 2 only relate to bicycles as their form of wheels?