View Single Post
Old 07-05-15, 04:55 PM
Doug64

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1182 Post(s)
Liked 833 Times in 435 Posts
Yes, I am very fortunate, my wife is an avid touring, you might even say hardcore, cyclist. We ride for utility or recreation almost every day. During the last 8 years we toured together for a total of over a year. We have crossed the US twice (W to E and N to S) and toured self supported extensively in North America and Europe. Between my wife's 3 bikes she has ridden over 25,000 miles. Her oldest bike is 8 years old. We've ridden about 95% of those mile together. We didn't keep track very much before that time.

We are presently on a week-long tour with our two daughters, both enthusiastic bike tourers. It must be genetic.

I'm a little reluctant to mention an area for a tour, because she will have the maps out looking at possible routes. We leave a week after we get home from this tour for 2 months riding through Denmark, Germany, Poland, Czech Republic, Belgium, and the Netherlands. I wake every day and give thanks for being so lucky?

I know it sounds a lot like bragging; but it is just that I am really proud of her.

Last edited by Doug64; 07-12-15 at 09:39 AM.