View Single Post
Old 01-30-18, 05:44 PM
SyntaxMonstr

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by DMC707
The bar is a York powerlifting style bar --- really rigid. After a lifetime of using whatever bars the gyms I was at had, --- a brand new bar is actually a revelation -- I cant believe how nice it feels

I have some crunchy shoulders right now, and wont be doing Oly type stuff anytime soon until I get that figured out, -- but I was contemplating ordering a safety squat bar from them (Rogue) , in deference to my limited shoulder mobility

The bumper plates are Body Solid brand, and if I can remember where I got them i'll update you, but I bought those new and they were less than Rogue's prices

-- but the black rubber coated 45's were Craigslist finds , as was the Bowflex dumbbells . I had a set of those that went to 52 #'s and have used them for over a decade, -- but I found a set of the 90#'ers for half price on CL

The rubber coated 45's cost me $400 for 450 lbs, --- so just under the $1/ lb standard people try to shoot for , ---- which was pricey for CL maybe, but these were new with

I didn't realize it, but I found out after the bulk of the stuff was ordered and on the way, that I could have saved a significant sum of money by buying from a company called Titan, -- who basically clones Rogue's stuff and sells it cheaper, --- but once you pick your manufacturer, you have to stick with them, as pin placement and attachments vary from brand to brand

----- but that said, --- The Rogue stuff is pretty darn overkill for a home gym, but I compared the prices to stuff like Hammer Strength and York (brands you see commonly in college fieldhouses ) - and the Rogue stuff was a bargain compared to the true pro caliber stuff like that

Your entire setup is SO FRICKEN SICK! I was contemplating building a home gym setup myself, as in the long run, it's more cost effective than going to my local, which is woefully ill-equipped. I'm definitely going to pick your brains on this a bit if that's alright.