View Single Post
Old 12-10-21, 06:15 PM
jaxgtr

Bikes: Trek Domane SLR 7 AXS, Trek CheckPoint SL7 AXS, Trek Emonda ALR AXS, Trek FX 5 Sport

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 765 Post(s)
Liked 1,734 Times in 1,010 Posts
Originally Posted by prj71
Agree. They have some nice features built in that 1up should have had on theirs. But $600 for one bike or $1000 for two bikes is a tough pill to swallow.

On the 1up (I have the Super Duty Model)...

1.) It's stupid that you have to reach under the rack and grab the bar to tilt the rack. But for an extra $70 you can buy their EZ-Pull Accessory!!! https://www.1up-usa.com/product/ez-pull/

2.) It's stupid that you have to use their hitch pin. A standard hitch pin doesn't work because of how they designed their anti-sway mechanism. Plus their anti-sway mechanism requires a special tool.

3.) The rack should come standard with the fat bike spacers and fit all other bikes tire sizes like the Quickr rack does.
Single racks are less than 500 if you get the slide, but I bought the the single heavy duty for $395 at the beginning of the year. Loved it so much, I bought the 2nd bike option for 230, while still not cheap, it's a damn nice rack and price wise is on par with others. The beauty is that the single only weighs 23 lbs, the add on is like 18. I can separate the 2 if I am only hauling 1 bike.

The only time the rack bar is a problem is if you have 2 add on racks, that is sort of a pain, but otherwises it easy peasy simple and not an issue. Also, the rack comes with 2 of the "special tools" which is an allen key with a hollowed out core which adds a bit of security to the bolt so anyone with a standard allen key can't take the rack if you do not have it locked. The anti sway does not interfere with the hitch pin since it comes with a locking hitch pin anyway.

Not all bike racks fit every bike tire size, most companies have had to design specific racks to handle fat tire bike and e-bikes, so not sure why this is an issue.