Thread: Dogs.
View Single Post
Old 07-15-21, 11:06 AM
Maelochs

Bikes: 2015 Workswell 066, 2017 Workswell 093, 2014 Dawes Sheila, 1983 Cannondale 500, 1984 Raleigh Olympian, 2007 Cannondale Rize 4, 2017 Fuji Sportif 1 LE

Mentioned: 144 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7653 Post(s)
Liked 3,483 Times in 1,839 Posts
Originally Posted by Bearhawker
Maybe you missed the part where I *literally* almost got arrested just for holding off a dog from actually attacking me with a knife? The cops were in my yard and told me they were there to arrest me.

Had the dog bitten me and I had killed/injured it in self defense i would absolutely had been arrested. Even if eventually found not guilty of anything, it would have cost me at least $10k to get to that point. That's just the financial cost: there would be tangible work/marriage/other damage that a price could not be put on.

Here in Canada getting sued is the least of our concerns. It's the "justice" system that is the real problem - once the cops are involved *everyone* is a bad guy and punished by process if not by penalty. Sad really.
Originally Posted by downhillmaster
More drama but still no examples of it actually happening.
Thanks!
Yeah, the thing here is the cops came to arrest you Not for defending yourself against a dog attack, but for threatening to attack a dog owner with a knife.

Some places I have lived, SWAT might have responded to that call. (The poor guys don't have much to do, despite what TV tells us. )

The real deal is, the cops came to arrest you based on a false police report, but they were reasonable and thought through your explanation. Some places I have lived, you are face down on the hood of the cruiser in cuffs before they listen to anything you say.

If you don't like Canada, I hear there is a large nation due south where maybe you might like it better? You won't have to worry about not having to pay for health care, and cops will shoot you for no reason .... Much better than Canada.

But I guess there are bad people with bad dogs everywhere.