Old 09-13-22, 06:31 AM
Bald Paul

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 827 Post(s)
Liked 1,660 Times in 784 Posts
Originally Posted by Polaris OBark
Robert Axle project for the trailer.

Handlebar bag, and/or one of those really long bikepacker seat bags and/or a frame bag?

(I have no idea about your Uber/Lyft question. In fact, I have never even used one.)
Handlebar bag and long seat back aren't really an option. My handlebar has a Garmin, GoPro, and light. Seat post has my Varia radar/light/camera.

Originally Posted by Polaris OBark
After I did this a couple of times, I realized it was time to buy a touring bike. (First time I was without one since age 18, and I realized I had enough extra bike parts laying around to build at least half of it, so I got me a Soma Saga frame and made the best touring bike I have ever had, and it saves wear and tear on an expensive fragile custom road bike.)
Now and then I kick myself over selling my touring bike, a custom built Romic frameset, triple crank, bar end shifters, front and rear Blackburn racks. If I were going to buy/build something up, I would go with a steel frame. I'm not crazy about bolting / clamping things onto carbon - too much time spent repairing damage on race car suspensions.
I've never used Uber or Lyft either, and I can't seem to get the question answered by them. I'm pretty sure a taxi would do it, but they are becoming extinct, it seems.