View Single Post
Old 12-31-18, 09:28 AM
Leinster

Bikes: MBK Super Mirage 1991, CAAD10, Yuba Mundo Lux, and a Cannondale Criterium Single Speed

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 343 Post(s)
Liked 292 Times in 205 Posts
Originally Posted by KraneXL
Good health and physically fit mean two different things. Being in good health can mean the absence of disease., but if you can't do basic body movement such as 10 pull-ups, you're far from being physically fit.

Cyclist (and runners) aren't physically fit because they have pathetic upper bodies. Pro cyclist and their long distance running counterparts sacrifice the balance to win the race.
I know plenty of people in excellent physical shape by any other definition, who wouldn’t call 10 pull-ups “basic body movement.” My weight has always been in my thighs and below, so I can squat til the cows come home and leave again, but even at my fittest and lightest I don’t think I’ve ever had the arm strength to do more than 5 pull-ups.

I use my local gym because it has a pool. Any other upper-body work I do is core exercises, and resistance band work, which I can take and do anywhere (and haven’t bothered with in a while, truth be told).

Last edited by Leinster; 12-31-18 at 09:34 AM.