View Single Post
Old 12-31-18, 12:30 PM
OBoile

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1027 Post(s)
Liked 325 Times in 204 Posts
Originally Posted by wphamilton
I go to the gym to hit the treadmill, 4 or 5 times per week. I'll mess with free weights if I have to wait, that's about it. Actually a fitness center, at work and one at home, which aren't formally gyms which brings up something I've been wondering about. For years. Although I'm only there for about an hour, it's been quite a few of those hours and in all that time I have never seen someone working hard on weights, working up a sweat, breathing hard. They do a little with free weights, sit around and wander a bit, 10 or 15 minutes later do something else. Is this common in regular gyms, or is it just my "fitness centers" where there isn't much direction and people perhaps don't know much about it?
I can recall a time when I worked up a nice amount of sweat on my shirt (wearing a t-shirt and shorts) from squatting while the person beside me constantly complained to her trainer that he was pushing her too hard. She was wearing a jacket (like a zip-up sweat shirt) on top of a regular shirt and sweat pants. There was not a drop of sweat on her so clearly, he wasn't pushing her enough.