View Single Post
Old 05-12-20, 11:56 AM
furiousferret

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 842 Post(s)
Liked 469 Times in 250 Posts
A few times I've Strava stalked Zwifters and what they do on the Zwift doesn't compare with their Segment standings. I don't think many are being intentionally dishonest, more than likely the PM they own reads too high which is no fault of their own. There's also some talent out there as well....

Also, tactics in Zwift are different than on the real roads; you rarely can get solo separation. It usually needs to be 3 to gap a group, and coordinating that can be hard. I have no sprint, and I've tried everything to break free in the last few km's. It just doesn't happen; the collective pack is almost impossible to beat. Really the best thing to do if you are a strong rider with no sprint is just to keep making people work and hope they crack. Hurt them on the hills, pick it up if there's a gap, just make them put in more kj's. Sometimes I'll just go as hard as I can for the last 5 minutes; If its a pack of 10 maybe 3 fall off and 3 are too tired to contest.

I'm probably going to race tonight, after 4:30 pst. Legs feel good, maybe the Tour for All thingy at 5:10.
Likes For furiousferret: