Old 06-16-21, 06:25 PM
Champlaincycler

Bikes: 2018 Diverge Comp, 2016 Specialized SL4 Comp,

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked 56 Times in 42 Posts
Originally Posted by indyfabz
I went to an all-boys prep school in New England from '79 to '83. The jacket and tie type of prep school. Loafers without socks was pretty much de rigueur for many in the fall and spring.
I can still remember my sophomore year of HS,68-69 school year. A Biology teacher started to rag on the wrong kid for wearing loafers without socks. After some not so friendly exchanges, they had a physical fight in front of us all. Teacher was a jerk tough guy from upstate NY with a wrestling background. Same guy was an assistant football coach that would line us up and have us run full speed towards one another to see who could get lower and tackle the other. Miraculous that no one got paralyzed, rather certain that some of us were concussed, but that wasn't a thing back then. Even more miraculous was that he kept his job. Sorry to digress, but sometimes when I wear loafers without socks ,the infamous Mr. Z comes to mind. I bike without socks about 50% of the time and, when I remember, I still feel like I'm sticking it to that A.....hole. Probably time to let it go but it's a little fun.