View Single Post
Old 11-18-15, 11:45 AM
SpeshulEd 

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 686 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by bakes1
Based upon the circumstance referenced it is a possibility that the group of cyclists in question took the lane and held the lane for no other reason than they were in a group. It may have had nothing to do with a potential and/or specific danger on the right.
I know from my own personal experience that a certain % of group cyclists seem to believe that the entire road belongs to them for no other reason than the tally of bikes in their group. This is wrong imo.
Not sure why you felt the need to mention a Camaro but either way you seem quite prejudiced on the matter.
Because it always seems to be a moron in an american muscle car that revs their engine when they pass a guy on a bike. I don't have scientific data to back this up, but I could certainly start my own study and have results to you by Monday.

Ironically, when I drive, it always seems to be the morons in the american muscle cars that drive 5-10mph under the speed limit...they seem to make up for this by flooring it after every stop.

Originally Posted by WhyFi
Based upon the circumstances referenced, there was enough opposing traffic that would-be passers needed to wait to pass. If that's the case, the safest thing for the cyclists to do may very well have been to take the lane rather than encourage a squeeze-by.
This.