Old 12-11-18, 09:30 AM
Caliper

Bikes: Many

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 385 Post(s)
Liked 58 Times in 43 Posts
Originally Posted by DrIsotope
It also seems to have to do with the changes in algorithm when Strava went from "suffer score" to "relative effort." Back in 2016, in the Suffer Score days, my fitness peaked at 142, and I could see Fatigue scores all the way up into the 170s. In the past six months, I've not seen a Fitness score above 80 or below 71. On the 4th of July, I did 108 miles with 5,000ft of climbing, in 106º temps, and netted a Fatigue score of 84. I often wonder about Strava's math. I've had Move Ratios of 1.00 (moving time and elapsed time match) two days in a row, even though I stopped for signs/lights several times on each ride. Strava is just a big fan of rounding off.
Thing is, this was all relative effort. Or at least I thought so? I've only seen relative effort on any of my activities since joining Summit this fall.

Originally Posted by redlude97
try adding the Elevate plugin for chrome that calculates TSS from your strava HR and power data as mentioned above, its more consistent in general. If you have a PM and want a mobile option, export strava to wattsboard to track TSS
I've added that on my laptop, but the problem is there is no way to go back in time a few weeks to see what it would have read when Strava was showing me the higher numbers.

Originally Posted by rubiksoval
So anyway, sounds like now it's more accurate than it previously was, though why is a good question.
I guess that's the root of it all. Good to know that it's more on track now, even if I liked the older number better. I don't personally know anyone else using Summit, so never had an idea what the numbers should read for a given fitness level. The only change I can think is that before it was using only HR data and recently I've got mostly HR and PM data from my trainer?