View Single Post
Old 07-07-20, 04:16 AM
indyfabz

Mentioned: 211 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18421 Post(s)
Liked 15,570 Times in 7,335 Posts
Originally Posted by Happy Feet
Perhaps this is just the year to readjust and look to tours that cover a more localized area with a reasonable expectation of bailing out if one gets ill. Where you can research facilities to see if they are open and what the travel restrictions might be. In the US, each state has it's own requirements that may change as the summer goes on and infection spread increases. Maybe more self sustained tours are in order, so one doesn't have to stop at local establishments so often. It's not forever, just one season. By next year they will most likely have some sort of vaccine/viral suppression developed that changes the landscape again.
That's the approach I am taking this year. I did one three-day last week where I probably came into contact with fewer people than I normally do. Even the two train rides were not crowded, allowing me to keep my distance from people. Hoping to do another three-day in my area in the next couple of weeks that will gain allow me to minimize interaction with others.