View Single Post
Old 12-02-21, 11:37 AM
blacknbluebikes 

Bikes: two blacks, a blue and a white.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 445 Post(s)
Liked 847 Times in 410 Posts
I have a Garmin Rally power meter pedal RS100 (shimano compatible). Very happy with it for about five months now. I use it in conjunction with a Garmin 130 Plus head unit. The head unit sits on the bars and provides a real-time read on what the pedal is broadcasting. The head unit provides the data collection on the pedal during use, then performs a synch with Garmin Connect (cloud platform) for further reporting and other platform synchs, like Strava. In line with comments above, I don't think Strava yet supports the data collection process from any power meters (coming soon, umm hmmm). I have not yet seen any other "in flight data collection & display" solutions, especially not free ones. What some folks are saying above has merit - if you're looking a measuring instrument (pedal) that costs more than most bikes in America, you probably want a complete configuration with a Garmin head unit that exposes all the data you can get from the sensor. To be more specific... if you're dropping $600, don't get cheesy on the other $150...
Likes For blacknbluebikes: