Old 08-08-22, 07:04 PM
Mojo31
-------

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9656 Post(s)
Liked 6,366 Times in 3,506 Posts
Originally Posted by big john
Riding with clubs in this area exposes one to some people with money. They have been some of the nicest people in the club. My one friend buys high end bikes then sells them to other club members for half price. Several members have scored bikes from him, but he's not my size.
Once a club member was injured in a crash and the guy offered him money to cover his rent or whatever he needed since he couldn't work for a time. He hardly knew the guy.
Another well off member was also very generous and paid for the wedding and reception for a couple who met in the club. Incredible. He had an old steel Pinarello which he had stripped and plated with black chrome. The only black chrome bike I've seen.
There are a lot of people who are well off and very generous. I have one friend who paid for six kids’ college education. In addition to his own two. I don’t see the point in being bitter because someone has or makes more money. There will never be a society where everyone will be equal in all respects. Never has been.
Likes For Mojo31: