Moisture
Drip, Drip.

Bikes: Trek Verve E bike, Felt Doctrine 4 XC, Opus Horizon Apex 1

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1034 Post(s)
Liked 193 Times in 163 Posts
Originally Posted by koala logs
The benefits of gravel bike! Just don't make the mistake of cutting down that steerer tube. You might need it some day!
I have since then forgotten about it. I haven't used this bike for a while, in favour of my e bike and occasionally the Felt. The rear tire kept going flat after a tubeless conversion with tires which turned out not to be tubeless compatible. putting the tube back into the rear has fixed this, and the bike feels absolutely great now, like always... just better.

What an amazing bike. Extremely responsive around bends, amazing while decending, amazing while climbing... hell, its extremely stable and controllable even with the rear brake fully locking up the rear tire, causing it to slide about the gravel down a steep twisty decent, hard on the brakes. Its amazing.

Oh, I also crushed a fairly steep climb, which I was barely able to complete even 35% of with my road bike late last year. I am enjoying these road style bikes more than ever now, in a position that is much more aggressive, while being more comfortable than ever, not unnecessary stress on my quads, putting down more powe than ever, able to ride in this position much longer than before, comfortable. I attribute this to an extensive 3 months of myofascial release paired with regular stretching and postural adjustment excersises with a foam roller and several RMT sessions.