Thread: wheel building
View Single Post
Old 03-21-24, 02:14 PM
zukahn1 

Bikes: Current 79 Nishiki Custum Sport, Jeunet 620, notable previous bikes P.K. Ripper loop tail, Kawahara Laser Lite, Paramount Track full chrome, Raliegh Internatioanl, Motobecan Super Mirage. 59 Crown royak 3 speed

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 795 Post(s)
Liked 1,803 Times in 641 Posts
Originally Posted by John E
If I rebuild on an existing hub, I keep the same clockwise/anticlockwise inner/outer spoke pattern that is evident in the indentations on the hub flange.

In practice, I have yet to find that the exact pattern (symmetrical left and right flanges vs. parallel left and right flanges, torque spokes on the inside vs. outside on the drive side, likewise on the left side -- I have experienced almost every combination, as you reportedly have, as well) makes any real world difference in feel or reliability of a wheel.
Plus 1 if spokes are good and it's strait don't over think end of the day one or two spacers will basically fix things. Myself I don't rebuild wheels other bearings if the cones and axels are good fine if not find a different set wheels good wheels fairly cheap and easy to find.
Likes For zukahn1: