View Single Post
Old 09-15-19, 08:04 AM
Newspaper_Nick

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked 78 Times in 48 Posts
Originally Posted by KraneXL
On the contrary, only face a dog when you're cornered or blocked (even animals know that much). Otherwise, if you have clearance, and can sprint to get away do so. As I stated earlier you're not racing with the dog, nor is he hunting you to make you his meal. He will chase you (that's what dogs do) only to the limit of his territory then break off.
There are two reasons i do not recommend "sprinting" or trying to run away from a dog, even if you have the chance to do so. First of all, if you are in an area with even the mildest of traffic, this kind of behavior will get you distracted and could cause you to have an accident with another vehicle or just have a plain old fall. This is highy possible. And it is much more dangerous than being bitten by a dog. A dog bite is something you can survive. A crash with another vehicle, you might not.

Second, as i have said before, dogs do "love" to chase. They love to chase and catch their prey. They are hunters from instinct. If you fail to accelerate to a "decent" road speed (let's be honest, if you are on gravel/dirt roads etc., this is impossible), you won't be able to outrun them. They will get closer to you and try to bite your feet and legs. You will notice with regret that they actually know what to bite and what not to bite. "They are not stupid".