View Single Post
Old 06-18-21, 10:47 AM
ZHVelo

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 528 Post(s)
Liked 230 Times in 161 Posts
Originally Posted by sweeks
How does the low limit screw have any influence on any but the low cog?
I don't know, but I think I was just imagining things.

However, what did seem to help was raising the pulley by altering the B-screw. I did that last night and thought it was better. Today's ride was mostly up so not too much in high gears, however, after over 2 hours, coming back down the 11-12-13 all seemed incredibly silent. Particularly the 13, that was night and day before coming from 12 into 13, while today, and yes it was downhill, more wind and so on, but putting the head really down to listen even after two hours riding it sounded a LOT better and 14 I think I started to maybe hear something, but also so much better than before. I did notice a sound going from the 28 into the 32 (so lowest gear) but that was on the shift, which performed, and the gear was fine so if that is the only drawback I would be very happy. Let's see tomorrow on flat ground.

Reason I did that was because some googling suggested about 5mm difference between pulley and cassette and just looking at the photo online of what it should be and comparing to how mine was, it was way lower. So I turned it left by two 1/4 turns (because a 1/4 turn already raised it surprisingly much I thought).