Old 05-01-22, 04:28 PM
bikemig 

Bikes: A bunch of old bikes and a few new ones

Mentioned: 178 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5888 Post(s)
Liked 3,472 Times in 2,079 Posts
Originally Posted by ehcoplex
That is indeed a very cool thread! I was actually a little on the fence when I saw the Craigslist ad for the bike- do I really need this, even if the price is more-than-right? Ad didn't have the marque, but some stab-in-the-dark googling landed me on that thread and that was that. If it were my size I'd build it up keeping it more-or-less original. Needs wheels.. I test fit some 700c wheels with 35c tires which fit, the Competitions have enough reach, and there'd be room for fenders, too... I think I'll completely clean and polish all the components, do some research on DIY painting. Seems a shame to part it out/canabalize it and not keep it together..

First the PX-10, now this..... I was already a bit of a Francophile generally, but apparently I've been infected with Vintage French Bicycle Syndrome....
I like French bikes as well. Vintage French racing bikes are versatile. They often have remarkably generous tire clearance and the gearing can be easily modified with a stronglight 99 crank. Even the 93 goes down to 37. Some of the short cage simplex RDs can handle a fairly large freewheel. Stronglight headsets and BBs tend to be survivors.
Likes For bikemig: