Old 09-13-22, 07:51 AM
StarBiker

Bikes: Bianchi Grizzly, Cannondale F700,

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 807 Post(s)
Liked 154 Times in 123 Posts
Originally Posted by wrk101
I continually see good mid tier vintage MTBs in the $50 to $100 range. I even see some of the better stuff at $100.

Be sure to check your "competition" (other sellers in your price range). Bike size should be a plus in a college town, I would have expected it to sell at the $125 mark.

Great pictures and a good ad matter too, as well as proximity to buyers. A lot of buyers won't drive 10 miles. To overcome that hurdle, I offer to meet at a convenient location in my ad ("can meet at the university union, or whatever).

I checked your ad. It could use better pictures, neutral background not in direct sun, all pictures outdoors. Since you are on C/L, up to 12 pictures are free, I'd use them all.

If someone in the family works in town, offer to meet there in a central location.

I did a quick look at the competition, there are some good bikes at low prices in Missoula right now. Great pictures could differentiate yours!
Bright sunshine, and dark shade pics are lousy. And pics of the components, close up of the frame.........