Old 10-08-19, 08:46 AM
WGB 
WGB

Bikes: Panasonic PT-4500

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1800 Post(s)
Liked 2,334 Times in 1,378 Posts
Did it take a while to get the fork positioned just right so it would stay balanced, or is it tight enough that the fork doesn't really want to spin

Usually when I am doing something (like fine tuning a front brake), I tilt my bikes and lock them in place while I work so I don't have to stay bent and I simply find it more comfortable. Generally I find they don't flop quickly to either side though I have to steady them as I work. In this case this was easy to balance (maybe too easy?) so I see your point.

I am leaning towards (hoping) it will be the headset bearings/headset too tight (though I can't comprehend it suddenly self tightening). The danger with this is that it's tunnel vision which is why I am thinking a second set of eyes (mechanic eyes) might help. Certainly I will check the wheel dishing with a mechanic on hand to ask questions because I haven't trued a wheel in over a year and IIRC you dish after trueing?

a feeling of misalignment/pulling to one side can also be caused by bend saddle rails

I didn't see any damage to the rails but will check in a few minutes. I don't think this is the cause because the bike physically pulled to the right. It did get better when I reversed the wheel and removed the locking cable but it still doesn't "feel right" and still pulls right. It's not the camber of the road because it was still noticeable on my residential street which has very limited camber.

Lastly I forsee dumping out those Vittoria Rubino Revolutions. The gatorskins were much smoother which is a bit odd