View Single Post
Old 10-08-19, 09:23 AM
le mans
Steel is real

Bikes: Custom - Record Vortex 8 spd Nexus & Mistral Le Mans 3 spd Shimano. Giant Kronos. Raliegh Single Speed

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 14 Posts
Originally Posted by WGB
As I said it is running better than yesterday morning, now that I reversed the wheel and removed the lock cable.

I pulled on front forks from either side and same with rear triangle. Both sides. No cracks found anywhere. I set the bike up in the stand and turned it so it was standing end and the wheel didn't flop over. Both wheels fully seated in fork dropouts and centered. I even photo'd the front axle from either side and compared the photos.

Using the alignment tool and also string test the frame appears straight.

I plan to bring to the Co-op this evening and have the mechanics look at it. Between now and then I have some wife jobs but will try and replace the headset bearings. Hoping having a second set of eyes will see what I didn't.

Please note that when I something is working that doesn't mean it is working, it's just that I think it's working which might not be the same thing!

The forks are parallel (see photo 3)

Wheel is centered between forks (photo is offset to right)

Bike balances on end without front wheel flopping

That is all well and true, looks like there's no front collision damage, but there might be "side" damage towards the bottom of the forks which might be hard to detect, side damage will pull the bike to the right or the left.
Something your mechanic can check out, and the wheel dishing