View Single Post
Old 09-27-22, 07:08 PM
rje58_too

Bikes: 2019 Trek FX2; 2011 Fuji Absolute 3.0; 1997 Trek 830 (converted to hybrid); 1992 Trek 800 Antelope

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked 906 Times in 284 Posts
Good luck! I hope you get it figured out quickly. Sounds that I can't determine the source of on my bike drive me CRAZY!

Originally Posted by msalvetti
Installed the Continental 4 Seasons and the fenders, but something isn't quite right. The wheels spin silently on the stand, but when I'm riding I'm getting some slight chirps from the front that sound like rubbing. It's not constant, and it doesn't happen with each wheel revolution. Sometimes it is silent. Very unpleasant ride as I tried to figure out what it was and worried about a failure at speed. It happens while coasting and doesn't seem to be dependent on speed or whether or not I'm turning. No obvious rubbing on the fender, and no marks on the tire or wheel. Then while riding up a steep hill in the last half-mile of my ride it got louder such that I thought I had broken a spoke and it was thrashing around. But they are all tight. Walked it home.

I've had the fenders on before, but not with these tires. I need to look at this more closely tomorrow, maybe try going out without the fender and see if it still does it.

Mark